THE DUKE OF EDINBURGH
1921 – 2021
Councillor Andrew Mann, Chair of Marchington Parish Council said “The UK and Commonwealth have lost a devoted servant. He will be remembered by many for his initiative in setting up the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme for young people transitioning to adulthood and for his unfailing support for the Queen. We thank you. Rest in Peace.”
Is a small, attractive village in East Staffordshire, England. It lies between the towns of Burton upon Trent and Uttoxeter, not far from the banks of the River Dove. In many ways it is an idyllic English village.
Residents have a strong sense of community and there are good facilities including a Village Hall a Nursery and First school, a Community Shop, a church and two pubs. As well as the main part of the village, Marchington extends to the east to an area of houses known as Forestside and to the west to include Birch Cross. Marchington has 2 bus stops and is served by route 402
There are many groups and societies within the village details can be found on the Links page of this website.
St Peter’s is the local Parish Church for Marchington and dates back to 1742. Regular services are held more details can be found here on the church website
There is one school in the village St Peter’s C of E First School. The school runs a nursery and takes children up to year 4. Woodlands Childcare offer a complete package of Wrap-Around Care for children from 3 years old and is based at St Peter’s School.
The village of Marchington Woodlands has a Church and Village Hall but consists mostly of farms and properties. There are also two hamlets Scounslow Green and Gorsty Hill.
St Johns is the local Parish Church for Marchington Woodlands and dates from 1858 Regular services and an active community keep this church a hub for this parish. More details can be found here on the church website.